The Pratt Research Library is primarily virtual and our website can be accessed several ways:
EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) provides you with an easy, yet powerful means of accessing library information resources through a single search. With EDS, you can quickly find reliable books, articles, and even streaming video to help you complete research and answer your questions.
The Basic Search Screen lets you create just that ― a basic search.
1. Enter your search terms in the search box. The Autocomplete feature will offer you a list of popular terms and publications to choose from, even if you misspell something.
Note: You may restrict your results to a Title search or an Author search using the menu beside the search box. (Keyword is the default.)This guide will help you get started with EDS.
2. Click the Search button. The Result List displays.
3. Use the Limit To options to narrow your search, or refine your search using the facets on the left to
select Source Type, Publication or Subject, among other filters.
4. Click on a search result to view the article details screen, or click the full -text link to view the complete
article. Hover your cursor over the preview icon to view article details, or click the folder icon to
save the article to your personal folder.
EDS also lets you conduct advanced searches using guided fields. These guided fields assist you in creating a
more targeted search.
1. Click the Advanced Search link below the search box.
2. Enter your search terms in the first field on the Advanced Search screen.
3. Choose the search field from the optional Select a Field drop-down list (for example, search in only the
Subject Terms field of the citation).
4. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for any additional fields you wish to include.
5. Select AND, OR or NOT to combine entries. (Your librarian may call these “Boolean operators.”)
6. If you need additional rows, click the (+) link (if available).
7. Click the Search button. The Result List displays.
1. Take our self-paced Pratt Research Library Orientation training in the ELM!
This course provides an overview of services and resources available from Pratt Research Library.
Sign up on the ELM
2. Take our Endnote 20 Training live using Teams!
This live training in Teams covers Endnote, a bibliographic reference manager, and covers all the basic functions including how to download, manage and cite bibliographic material. See our Endnote Guide that includes training videos (if you cannot attend a training) and much more!
Trainings are listed on the Home tab under Upcoming Library Events (left side).
Sign up on the ELM:
Click the button below for Pratt and University of Cincinnati Library-Health Science Library classes:
Pratt Library Staff are available via website, email and phone
Mon - Thurs: 9:30am - 5:00pm
Fri: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Follow us on Yammer & Twitter!