EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) provides you with an easy, yet powerful means of accessing library information resources through a single search. With EDS, you can quickly find reliable books, articles, and even streaming video to help you complete research and answer your questions.
The Basic Search Screen lets you create just that ― a basic search.
1. Enter your search terms in the search box. The Autocomplete feature will offer you a list of popular terms and publications to choose from, even if you misspell something.
Note: You may restrict your results to a Title search or an Author search using the menu beside the search box. (Keyword is the default.)This guide will help you get started with EDS.
2. Click the Search button. The Result List displays.
3. Use the Limit To options to narrow your search, or refine your search using the facets on the left to
select Source Type, Publication or Subject, among other filters.
4. Click on a search result to view the article details screen, or click the full -text link to view the complete
article. Hover your cursor over the preview icon to view article details, or click the folder icon to
save the article to your personal folder.
EDS also lets you conduct advanced searches using guided fields. These guided fields assist you in creating a
more targeted search.
1. Click the Advanced Search link below the search box.
2. Enter your search terms in the first field on the Advanced Search screen.
3. Choose the search field from the optional Select a Field drop-down list (for example, search in only the
Subject Terms field of the citation).
4. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for any additional fields you wish to include.
5. Select AND, OR or NOT to combine entries. (Your librarian may call these “Boolean operators.”)
6. If you need additional rows, click the (+) link (if available).
7. Click the Search button. The Result List displays.
Don't want to mess with results from OhioLink, or Ebsco databases? Use the "Pratt Library Catalog" limit under the "Content Provider" section on the left hand page of your results. This will limit your results to only items held by Pratt Library and the University of Cincinnati!