PubMed -- (tutorials) National Library of Medicine's Medline
NCBI (tutorials) (National Center for Biotechnology Information) contains advances science and health by providing access to biomedical and genomic information.
PubMed Health (tutorials) specializes in reviews of clinical effectiveness research, with easy-to-read summaries as well as full technical reports. Provided by NCBI and NLM.
*Dynamed Plus (tutorials) -- DynaMed Plus™ is a clinical reference tool created by physicians for use at the point-of-care.
*AccessPediatrics (tutorials) -- resource delivering textbooks, multimedia, pediatric drug database, patient education and practice tools.
**UpToDate (tutorials) -- online medical reference for quick, point-of-care information
HS Talks: Biomedical & Life Sciences Collection -- collection of video lectures. Each series covers a particular subject and is compiled with the guidance of an expert editor. Lectures are delivered by leading authorities in the field.
*JAMAevidence (tutorials) -- fundamental tools for understanding and applying the medical literature and making clinical diagnoses
*Faculty of 1000 (tutorials) -- Reviews the most interesting papers published in the biological sciences, based on the recommendations of a faculty of well over 1000 selected leading researchers
*ProQuest Dissertations & Theses (tutorials)-- full-text to over 800,000 dissertations from 1997 forward (available to CCHMC with UC off-campus login)
*Springer Protocols (tutorials) -- electronic database of reproducible laboratory protocols in the Life and Biomedical Sciences
*Clincial Skills (formerly Mosby's Skills) (tutorials) -- online access to evidence-based skills and procedures
*OhioLink (available to CCHMC with UC off-campus login)
- PsycInfo (tutorials) (comprehensive coverage of the psychology and behavioral sciences literature)
- Business Source Complete (tutorials) (scholarly business database, providing the leading collection of bibliographic and full-text content)
- ERIC (tutorials) (world's largest source of education information, containing abstracts of documents and journal articles on education research and practice.)
- HaPI - Health and Psychosocial Instruments - database of measurement instruments (i.e., questionnaires, interview schedules, checklists, index measures, coding schemes/ manuals, rating scales, projective techniques, vignettes/scenarios, tests) in the health fields, psychosocial sciences, organizational behavior, and library and information science. (available to CCHMC with UC off-campus login)
- APA PsycNET (tutorials)- The American Pyschological Association (APA) allows users to search and
discover vital behavioral and social science content with precision. Includes PsycTESTS, a one-of-a-kind repository for researchers looking for psychological measurement tools - (available to CCHMC with UC off-campus login)
*Scopus (tutorials) -- coverage includes all Medline journals plus thousands more and links to many full-text articles (available to CCHMC with UC off-campus login)
*ISI Web of Science (tutorials) -- includes Science Citation Index and Journal Citation Reports (available to CCHMC with UC off-campus login)
- InCites -- register for an account to see a customized, web-based research evaluation tool that allows the user to analyze institutional productivity and benchmark output against peers worldwide.
*Facts & Comparisons® eAnswers -- a primary source of drug information for pharmacists, physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals
*Rare Diseases (tutorials) -- National Organization of Rare Diseases (NORD) pamphlets on hundreds of diseases and conditions, some not so rare
MEDLINEplus -- NLM's consumer health site including medical dictionaries, information clearinghouses, organizations, publications and consumer health libraries
*Natural Medicines (Formerly Natural Standard) -- founded by healthcare providers and researchers to provide high-quality, evidence-based information about complementary and alternative therapies.
Embase (tutorials) -- Embase is a biomedical and pharmacological database containing bibliographic records with citations, abstracts and indexing derived from biomedical articles in peer reviewed journals, and is especially strong in its coverage of drug and pharmaceutical research. (available to CCHMC with UC Affiliates login)